my minds journey

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Who is this God?

It was mentioned at Church on Sunday that our understanding of who God is directly shapes our response to God.
On reflection I came to realise that the image we have of God will determine our thoughts about God, the world our response to mission, to the environment, other people.
It was a challenge to me to consider what my image of God is and how this image influences how I live and respond to God.
Part of the challenge is to examine what forms my image of God and how I have come to create this image.

Another interesting thought I have pondered this week... Seemingly unanswered prayer.
We consider Jesus prayer the night he was crucified, "take this cup from me..." An unanswered prayer, if you believe that Jesus was crucified and died. We often come to God in prayer frustrated when we don't get an answer, or the answer we were hoping for. There is something to that, the fact that Jesus prayed and did not receive an answer.

4 Comments:

  • hey hey, Jesus prayed and did not get an answer...more info needed!! Unanswered prayers are a huge struggle for lots of people...but I know when I talk to some of my 'helpless' friends they say, 'But I pray all the time...' and I have no answer to that other than do they really believe what they're praying...so I'd be interested to learn more about this.

    By Blogger charlotte, at 10:38 pm  

  • Have a look at any of the Passion Narratives in any of the gospels - if you can't find it ask me.

    Lots of people say God hasn't heard me pray. I believe that he does hear, he just doesn't always give us the answer we are looking for. A big part of it is trust, trust that God is bigger than the thing we are praying for.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 7:23 pm  

  • Hey Melissa,
    My latest blog is a poem bout god not answering my prayers n me wonderin if he is even there. I think your right, god does hear n he does answer its just whether we are capable of seeing his answer, as u told me a thousand times the right answer is not always the easiest OR the best...
    p.s. i need to ask u something...
    Luv Talz
    xoxo

    By Blogger Talz, at 11:12 am  

  • hey mel!
    how are u? long time no talkative action happining! lol how is footscray! i miss u soo much!!! are u going on e.c this yr as a leader or something? couse it would be great to see u both! me and sarah hope u are coming! well i have 2 go as im at school talk laterz love u love rhi xxxx

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 10:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home