my minds journey

Sunday, December 17, 2006

hello... goodbye

Life can be measured by how well we welcome and let go...

Life is full of comings and goings, we move through many stages over our lifespan. Childhood to Adolescene, Adolescene to Young Adulthood, Marriage, Becoming a parent, Becoming a parent with adult children, Working, Retired, Elderly and that's just a few!

Today was a day of change for me, well I guess it is a signifcant day amoungst the change.
We are moving house, not just house, but suburbs.

Most significantly it means leaving friends and an adopted family that I have made in the place I have called home over the past three years. It took me a long time to make this place home. But now that I am leaving, I realise how precious this place has been to me. I have been truly blessed by the people here and I am truly sad to leave. I will miss them a lot!

I feel excited about my new venture, the opportunity and the new challenge. As well as feeling slightly anxious about what lies ahead or me. But my anxiety is calmed as I remember my motivation for change, it is what I feel God has called me to.

A time of mixed feelings, of deep sadness of what I leave behind and of excitment of the opportunities!

So as I let go of this part of my life, I welcome something new...

3 Comments:

  • hey!

    same sort of feeling about a new place for me, when i get into melbourne. but also sad that you're leaving greensy cause that means i won't visit greensy anymore and the people at ur (old) church i have also taken a liking too! i mean, ofcourssssse...who wouldn't love a lil girl who plays with them during a service?! hehe.

    anys! love u!

    By Blogger charlotte, at 11:08 pm  

  • mel, we'll miss ur ninja hearing. lol.

    By Anonymous alana, at 3:30 pm  

  • I second that! your hearing, your compassion n your care... most of all: your LOVE!
    Its extremely sad that you left greensy, also now that Nomes wont go visit...:(
    Miss you tonnes... cant wait to see the phenominal (spelling?) work your gonsta do!
    p.s.MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Talz
    xoxo

    By Blogger Talz, at 9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home