my minds journey

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Choices...

Last night we finished reading the Sermon on the Mont in Bible Study, it was the first time I think i have fully understood the story of the wise man building his house on the rock and the foolish man building his house on the sand! Well, it was very real for me! It's not easy to build our house on the rock! But it sure beats being foolish.

Uni is almost finished and I hope to blog the many thoughts that it has created for me soon, but been flat out trying to get assigments in!

Just leave with a quote...

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you're already got!"

2 Comments:

  • if you always do what you always do, you'll always get what you already got....hmm interesting. I can see what it probably is aimed at saying...reach a little further, extend yourself that little bit more and take a few risks perhaps.... on the other hand, as a teacher, i can do what I always do and the response from different students is amazingly different!!

    By Blogger kezza, at 3:55 pm  

  • Hmm... that quote is interesting, true, but interesting, not so sure if i like it... wait... rephrase, i like it, but its confronting? I dunno what word to use!

    Hmmm, my question to do with the sermon on the mount is: "Yes, in the long run its easier to build your house on the rocks, but the sand looks so much easier... so then... why is the wrong path the one that seems to fit best? Hmmm... i dont like it!

    Well, i've decided i like the quote, i read this a while ago n didnt know what to say, but... i discovered that i like the quote (that sounds so retarded... but... hey?)

    Well, i've rambled enough... keep blogging Mel, people DO read it! I DO!

    Love Talz
    xoxo

    By Blogger Talz, at 10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home